Five Ways Yoga Nidra Helped You …
The benefits of relaxation and meditation are profound for managing the challenges of the mind (such as anxiety or depression) as well as for the body (such as tight, painful muscles and joints).
Yoga Nidra is a wonderful tool for relaxation and stress-reduction and you will find there are many benefits.
In my January class, we focused on finding a quiet place to re-store your energy and renew your intentions. Several of you answered a few questions for me after the class. Your responses help me to know how Yoga Nidra is helping you.
Yoga Nidra Survey Responses
- For half of those responding, it was the first Yoga Nidra class.
Benefits noticed immediately after the class.
- Almost all noticed a physical relaxation and four of those responding also noticed feelings of calm/peacefulness.
- Clarity of thought and less pain were also noted.
Benefits noticed on subsequent days included:
- Almost all noticed a relief from anxiety.
- Four people noticed an improved sleep
- Three noticed stress reduction.
Other benefits noted by one or two people included:
- Relief from fear
- Increased focus, awareness
- Decreased pain
- Reduced fatigue
- Feelings of inner satisfaction, balance, peace and clarity
- Transform negative habits
What This Means to You …
People suffer from many different health conditions. The benefits of Yoga Nidra are personal to you. Here’s what this could mean for you:
- Reducing your anxiety and stress levels may mean that you also see a reduction in your blood pressure or you may notice some troubling situation differently this time with less anxiety and reaction on your part.
- Reducing your level of pain may enable you to be more physically active.
- Clarity of thought may lead to a more complete state of balance both mentally and emotionally, keeping tempers in check that might otherwise flare up. You may even find that the brain fog has dissipated somewhat!
Are You Ready to Try a Yoga Nidra Class? I hold classes once a month at the Sastun Center of Integrative Health. Check out the class schedule.