I read recently that STRESS SEEMS TO BE THE NEW NORMAL. I believe it. Once you become wise to the way stress yanks and pulls your nervous system into believing that more (of everything) is better, you can become wiser and start to realize that less is really more. So believing in the story about the tortoise and the hare, you understand that consistency wins the race.
According to the Biofield Healing Institute, a survey by the American Psychological Association tells us:
- Two-thirds of Americans said they were likely to seek help for stress.
- 54% said they are concerned about the level of stress in their everyday lives.
- 73% of Americans name money as the number-one stress factor.
- 62% of Americans say work has a significant impact on stress level.
- 54% of workers expressed concern about health problems caused by stress.
If you haven’t been consistent with your relaxation (i.e., self care), this month’s Yoga Nidra is a MUST! We’ll be highlighting eye pillows and Vagus Nerve.
In addition to the regular Yoga Nidra, you will also receive your very own eye pillow.
How Does an Eye Pillow Help You?
Eye pillows are a very nice way of calming your nervous system because the eye pillow stimulates the OCCULOCARDIAC REFLEX. This helps to decrease the heart rate, calm you down and introduce the amazing Vagus Nerve.
Sounds good right? The VAGUS NERVE is like a control switch that allows you to calm yourself down. It can be activated in several ways but one of the ways is breathing slowly on your exhale breath. When you inhale, you influence the part of the nervous system that speeds you up. When you exhale, you invite the calming part of the nervous system to take over.
Come take my November class … eye pillow and handout will be provided!
- 45 minutes of Yoga Nidra is like 3 hours of sleep for your body!
- If you have a specific health concern, I would be happy to discuss this with you one-on-one.